EMAS 2013 - 13th European Workshop on Modern Developments & Applications in Microbeam Analysis
- Date: May 12 - May 16, 2013
- Channels: X-ray Spectrometry
- Type: Training Course / Workshop
- Location: Porto, Portugal
The primary aim of this series of Workshops is to assess the state of the art and reliability of microbeam analysis techniques. The Workshops are organised in such a way as to maximise transfer of knowledge among the participants and to provide a comprehensive exhibition of the latest analytical equipment. The programme allows for adequate time and opportunities for participants to visit the technical exhibitions and hold discussions with the manufacturers.
The programme will consist of invited plenary lectures, poster presentations and round-table discussions on topics of the invited lectures, led by experts in the field. The main topics to be dealt with during this workshop will be:
Fundamental aspects of EPMA:
- SDD versus EPMA
- Secondary X-ray fluorescence
- Limitations on low kV X-rays.
EPMA at the sub-micrometre scale:
- Field emission EPMA
- Analysis of surfaces and grain boundaries
- Low kV microprobe analysis
- Quantification at the nanometre level and below.
High resolution microbeam analysis of materials:
- Imaging single atoms,
- Atom probe tomography,
- Atomic force microscopy,
- Atomic imaging in the STEM.
Cutting edge EBSD:
- Towards absolute strain measurement
- EBSD and the analysis of thin films
- Advances in the characterisation of grain boundaries.
Particle analysis by microbeam techniques:
- Pollutants, aerosols, interplanetary and interstellar dust
- Quantification procedures
- Recent advances in Monte Carlo applications for sub-micrometre sized particles
- Material science
- Geological science
- Environmental studies
- Cultural heritage and archaeology
- Surfaces and interfaces
- Name: Luc vant Dack
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +32 3 265 2343