Crop nutrient company to acquire agricultural analysis company

Skip to Navigation

News

  • Published: Jul 11, 2018
  • Source: Nutrien
  • Channels: HPLC / Ion Chromatography / Gas Chromatography / Laboratory Informatics / Electrophoresis / Sample Preparation / Detectors / Proteomics & Genomics / Atomic / Chemometrics & Informatics / Raman / MRI Spectroscopy / UV/Vis Spectroscopy / X-ray Spectrometry / NMR Knowledge Base / Proteomics / Infrared Spectroscopy / Base Peak

Nutrien, a US crop nutrient company, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Waypoint Analytical, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. Waypoint is the largest agriculture laboratory group in the US and among the top 25 US environmental lab groups. The company has approximately 250 employees across its operations, which include 11 US laboratories and six service centers that analyze approximately 1.8 million soil samples for the agricultural market on an annual basis.

"Waypoint is the leading US provider of integrated agricultural sampling, testing and analytics that generate valuable insights into sustainable soil health and plant fertility for its customers," commented Mike Frank, president of Nutrien Ag Solutions. "Nutrien has been a significant customer of Waypoint for many years – and this acquisition will further strengthen our partnership. The combination of Waypoint's capabilities with Nutrien Ag Solutions' new, integrated digital platform will significantly enhance and accelerate our ability to provide integrated science-based insights, services and unique digital product offerings that will support optimal fertility advice for our customers globally."

The acquisition will occur in two tranches, with Nutrien initially acquiring 80% ownership of Waypoint upon closing of the transaction; the remaining 20% is to be acquired by Nutrien following the fifth anniversary of the initial closing. This transaction structure will allow Waypoint to continue supporting new and existing customer relationships under the ongoing leadership of its experienced and respected management team, while also providing for strong, sustainable growth of the business.

"Nutrien has been a strong and long-standing customer of Waypoint, and this transaction will build a new foundation for Waypoint to accelerate our strong track record of providing value-enhancing solutions and support for all of our customers," said Scott McKee, president & CEO of Waypoint. "Additionally, this partnership will enhance Waypoint's ability to invest in new capabilities and continue to grow our business both in the US and in international markets, where Nutrien has a sizeable and growing retail presence. We believe that this transaction is a very positive outcome for our company that will benefit all of our employees and customers going forward."

Social Links

Share This Links

Bookmark and Share

Microsites

Suppliers Selection
Societies Selection

Banner Ad

Click here to see
all job opportunities

Copyright Information

Interested in separation science? Visit our sister site separationsNOW.com

Copyright © 2018 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved